Shine On would just like to thank everyone who voted for us this year for Encore Magazine’s Best Of 2019!! Being nominated alone is a win for us! We can not express how much this means to us! Thank you Wilmington!
We just waned to give a friendly reminder of what we include every time anyone books a massage with us
They are always provided on the back & they help loosen muscles.
Given on back and feet & it elevates relaxation with the warmth.
The diffuser is always running & whiffs of peppermint are provided throughout.
Offered upon request & is beneficial due to a vacuum effect, drawing toxins out.
Hey everyone! Don't forget that we will be running our Valentines Day Special from the 14th-18th of February! Whether you and your loved one plan to be pampered first thing in the morning or right before you go out to a romantic dinner downtown, Shine On has you covered!
Upon your arrival to your Couples Massage, you will be greeted with chocolate covered fruit and a few other treats as well as heated tables accompanied with aromatherapy and heated towels and river stones. Sound incredible? It gets better! After your wonderful massage you and your loved one may top off your unforgettable evening at Shine On with a warm neck wrap and a very refreshing beverage. Call us today and book your Couples Massage while there is still time!
Right now until December 5th, we are offering a Buy 4 Get the 5th Massage Free! That is 5 massages for only $300! You are saving $75! We even gift package them with a beautiful wax seal and write any note you choose on them! Give us a call today to order your gift cards and give the gift that keeps on healing!
Did you know you can improve office morale, reduce stress, and increase energy in your office by providing On-Site chair massages?
Working at a desk typing and mousing all day can lead to carpel tunnel syndrome or even arthritis. Massage therapy can help treat and prevent carpal tunnel syndrome by promoting circulation, relieving inflammation, aiding in removal of metabolic residues, and soothing the irritated muscles and tendons. Massage also helps with back pain, headaches, circulation, TMJ, stress management, improvement of focus, and more.
Did you know Shine On does On-Site massages? Book us for your office for some relief!
Did you know that massage is great for helping with weight loss?? Break down some of those fat cells with a massage this turkey season! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
- A 60 minute massage is about the same as 7-8 hours of sleep to your body.
- Healthy touch of any kind can reduce the heart rate and lower blood pressure.
- Massaging and gently pulling on your ears – top, middle, and bottom of outer earlobes once per day improves your immune system.
- Bob Hope, who lived to be 100, had daily massage as part of his health regimen .
- Touch and massage stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers.
- Specialized massage improves the flow of lymph through the body, relieving aches, pains, and flu-like symptoms.
- There are approximately 5 million touch receptors in our skin? 3,000 in a finger tip.
- Touch is the first sense to develop in humans, and may be the last to fade. A touch of any kind can reduce the heart rate and lower blood pressure.
- Massage lessens lower back pain, depression and anxiety, and improves sleep.
- Massage improves an athlete's flexibility, enhances speed and power, and reduces risk of injury.
- Getting a massage at Shine On is WORTH IT! Get your knots gone at Shine On! Go ahead, click the "Book Now" button! You deserve it.
Light, relaxing massage can safely be given to people at all stages of cancer. Tumor or treatment sites should not be massaged to avoid discomfort or pressure on the affected area and underlying organs.
Some people worry that massage can spread cancer cells throughout the body via the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is a network of vessels, organs and nodes through which lymphatic fluid (lymph) flows. It is part of the body’s immune system. Lymphatic circulation occurs naturally as we move.
Cancer may spread (metastasize) into the lymphatic system via the lymph nodes, or it may start in the lymphatic system itself. However, the circulation of lymph – from massage or other movement – does not cause cancer to spread. Researchers have shown that cancer develops and spreads because of changes to a cell’s DNA (genetic mutations) and other processes in the body.
Read more at https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/17958/b1000/massage-and-cancer-42/massage-and-cancer-benefits-of-touch/#X1Eg1x8JpPheXOkk.99
Reduce muscle soreness. With better circulation to your muscles and connective tissues, you'll experience less muscle soreness. Maintains normal functional muscular length. Self-myofascial release relieves tension in the myofascia network and helps your muscles return to their normal length, improving muscle function.
Our scheduling was down for a couple of days and we just got it back up and running for good! We are sorry for any inconvenience! You can now schedule any appointment and choose which therapist, day and time that fits you best! Shine On!